Phind out Phriday: Maurice "Rico" Demosthene, Realtor


Someday I want a house. I’m almost 100% convinced that I want it in California, but then I again one in Philadelphia would be pretty sweet too. And I prefer a twin or a single home. Or maybe a three bedroom condo? Okay so what I really want is a home, it doesn’t have to be a house I guess. I suppose it’s a good thing that I want a house or condo or whatever someday and not today or tomorrow. But, as I think about the leap from renter to owner I think it’s important to know someone who knows all about that transition. And a few years ago I was introduced to a young man, Maurice “Rico” Demosthene” who was doing all that he knew to do to learn about that leap, that house on the hill or house down the bottom, garage or no garage, fixer uppers or pre furnished spaces. Today he’s learned a lot and is amidst perfecting his skill as a contracted realtor with Ronin Real-estate Agency and remaining true to himself. He’s knowledgeable and down to earth and he’s just the kind of guy you ask
Phreedum: Who are you in 5 words?
MD: Uh let me see. Okay, a man, son, husband, and servant of Christ. Is that 5?
Phreedum: Mmm, it’s a little over, but your cool. So what is the most fulfilling thing about the work you do?
MD: Just helping people’s dreams come true. I get to help people catch their piece of the American dream. It gives me a great sense of pride to help people own a home.
Phreedum: Okay, let’s take it to the opposite side of the spectrum. What’s been the most challenging aspect of your work?
MD: Oh gosh. Well there are so many curve balls at any given moment. Real estate is pretty fast pace and constantly evolving. Education in the field is constantly progressing. No one transaction is ever the same. Each sale has its own unique challenges.
Phreedum: How has your work helped you to evolve personally and professionally?
MD: Well I have had a lot of changes in my life personally. I recently got married and so being a husband is a new role. I’ve also recently decided to do real estate full time and with that I have found myself more dedicated to my work. I am also finding out more about my core beliefs and how that shapes who I am personally and professionally. With more dedication, I have taken more time to educate myself, network more, and just grow to be better and sharper in my professional and personal life.
Phreedum: Who has been the most influential in allowing you to phreely pursue your dreams?
MD: God of course.
Phreedum: Of course.
MD: And my wife. My wife has been y biggest supporter. It’s a blessing to have someone who allows you to pursuit your dreams. She hears my excitement and my frustration, the blood sweat and tears.
Phreedum: Awe, so sweet. Okay, so what advice would you give the unmarried Rico of 10 years ago?
MD: Stay focused, be more dedicated, and get involved in things. Oh and don’t be afraid to try new things. Fail if you have to, but get back up. Nothing is easy.
Phreedum: What has been your proudest moment as an entrepreneur so far?
MD: Each new transaction is exciting and brings a sense of pride. As I continue to help people purchase property I continue to reach goals I set for myself and that is definitely something I am proud of.
Phreedum: How does the work you do change the lives of others?
MD: Well, as humans we all have a basic need. A need for shelter which provides safety. I get to help people meet that need. I get to help people feel safe. More than that I get to help people achieve a goal and feel a sense of accomplishment.
Phreedum: So we are phinding out all of these great things about you and the work you do which is cool. But what’s something you haven’t shared just yet? What’s something most people don’t know about you?
MD: I like to think I am a bit of an open book. But, I think people sometimes don’t realize I am way less serious than I come across. I’m a bit of a clown actually.
Phreedum: So how would all of these people who think you are so serious describe you in one word?
MD: Can I use two?
Phreedum: Greedy. Go ahead.
MD: Go Getter.
Phreedum: Alright Go Getter, what’s the best advice you’ve ever gotten?
MD: Well as it pertains to real estate, keep marketing and keep educating yourself.
Phreedum: Where do you want to see your company in 5 years?
MD: I want to have my own brokerage complete with real estate agents and being able to offer all of the services people need when they buy a house. I want my brokerage to be a one stop shop offering everything from insurance to title services. I don’t want to outsource to anyone and I don’t want my clients to experience anything other than great quality.
Phreedum: If your company was a sport what would it be?
MD: Football. There is planning and a lot of moving parts. There are roles, just like offensive and defensive players. There is training required. And well I like football.
Phreedum: So what team would you be?
MD: Uh... well I would say the Eagles…
Phreedum: But….
We both laugh.
MD: Okay, I will just say a winning team. I won’t pronounce or denounce the Eagles. Just a winning team.
Phreedum: Cool. I can dig it. Alright, so last question. What is one bit of advice you would give to future realtors?
MD: Don’t do it for the money. Do it because you genuinely want to. Check your motives because if you’re not passionate and you don’t care about helping people it won’t work. You won’t enjoy it and you won’t work at it so what’s the point? I would say with anything in life really, just know why you’re doing what you’re doing.

For more information about Maurice “Rico” Demosthene please visit www.mauricehomes.com , friend him on facebook, or follow him on twitter @realestaterico.

No comments: