Phree to do the math


Three Aprils ago when I sat in my blue swivel chair in the lecture hall at the Wharton School of business fully intimidated and 100% hopeful, I remember my instructor saying “This is not a hobby. This is a business.” The “this” he was referring to was the small businesses my classmates and I desired to start. And, sitting in this black desk chair at this desk in my second floor suite not far from the Wharton School of Business, three Novembers later, I couldn’t agree with him more.
Starting a small business is not for the faint of heart. And there is no amount of cardio you can do at club LA Fitness that will prep you for it. As I sit here still cranking out images for the website and working on content for a micro-site I sit here reminding myself of what Phreedum is all about. I sit here reminding my cold, tired, super stuffed from Thanksgiving leftovers self about the billions of other people who are my neighbors on planet earth. I sit here and remind myself that almost 1.5 million of them live right here in Philadelphia. And I learned for myself, while developing content for the aforementioned micro site, that there are 982 ways to give back to Philadelphia!
At Phreedum we always think it’s great when people support us through purchasing our products. Your purchases move our company forward so that we can pay it forward by supporting nonprofit organizations. But, we think it’s even greater when our Phreedum community members donate directly to a nonprofit. And those donations may be monetary or they may be donations of other sorts such as time, tools building materials food, clothes, books, toys, etc. So, if you’re looking for a way to give in Philadelphia, there is always the support we offer through your purchases of our products, or you can choose any one of 982 ways to give in Philadelphia by contacting the United Way of South Eastern Pennsylvania at www.uwsepa.org.

No comments: