Can we know good without evil? phreedum without bondage?


I never liked philosophy. I just wasn’t a fan. It made no sense to me. I was quick to say “I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree.” However I would have to concede that we don’t live life without a personal philosophy and we don’t live life without experience that help us create those philosophies.
I have mentioned before about having a 9-5 gig. And during tat gig I work with people who have been sexually abused/assaulted. With some frequency I find myself wondering about good and evil, if one could exist without the other. And I don’t have an answer for that. But if you like philosophy and you’re reading this, feel free to add a comment.
But more recently as I continue daily to further explore and discover what freedom is, I wonder can freedom exist without bondage?
There has been a drought effecting several countries in Africa, forcing men women and children to relocate in hopes to find food and water. It is predicted that there may not be rain until September.
I found myself wondering what would it mean to be free from having to live a nomadic life to survive? What does it mean for death to be the non option and to be given limited options because you choose life?
What does it mean for me to read about this and have the freedom to read about it and not live it?

No comments: